If you’re an iOS user, you definately know that Apple doesn’t show up every single feature of new the iOS in its keynote. I found eight handy features, thay you might not know about.
1. Bedtime. So this is the new iOS 10 feature in Clock app. You can set your bedtime reminder and wake-up alarm in simply in the app by going: Clock > Bedtime > Get Started. Going to bed and waking up at the same time every day will keep you up healty.
2. Shake To Undo. This is not the new iOS 10 feature, but it is very useful when you need to erase all of your message. How? Just simply shake your phone. This is where the magic happens. You can turn on Shake To Undo by going to Settings > General > Accessbility > Shake To Undo and choosing On.
3. Delete apps. Wow, I know you’re shocked by this tip (sarcasticly), but Apple gave access to delete stock apps (Contacts, FaceTime, Find My Friends etc.) only in iOS 10. Hey, at least they gave it! So, if you need to delete the app, that came in with your iDevice, just press on the app and then press ‘x’ in the top left corner.
4. Let the device remember your faces in photos so you can browse through the photos with choosen face, for example – photos with your mom in it. If you want to name the face, simply go to the Photos app, press on albums, then press People folder and tap ‘Add People’, so it’s easy as that.
5. Control your home from your phone with stocked Home app. If you have a smart devices, for example Philips Hue Lights, you can add them to your app, set the room and then turn them on whenever you want. You can also ask the Siri to turn on something in your home.
6. Prioritise download. Sometimes we want to get something new and then we’re going to the App Store and downloading everything, that seems interesting. So, if you want to try one app, faster than other and don’t want to wait until it downloads after a few of other apps, you can 3D touch the downloading app and then press ‘Prioritise Download’, it will start downloading faster, than other.
7. Writing back from the Lock Screen to your friend became even easier with the iOS 10. If you’re using an iPhone 6S or newer iPhone with the 3D touch ability you can hard press the message you’ve gotten on your lock screen and then easily reply. After writing back, the message will disapear from your lock screen and notification center, so nobody will see it until your phone is unlocked. And if you’re using iPad or iPhone, that doesn’t have the 3D touch technology, you can swipe your message from the right to the left and press ‘Reply’.
8. The iMessage became too funny not to use it. One of the biggest iOS 10 update were focused on messages, more iMessages. Now you can express your emotions with the message effect – just write a message, then long press the blue arrow and you’ll see the effects.
Do you know other great tips and tricks with iOS 10? Share it with everyone in the comments below!
*Article photo author – CNET.